Linear Seam Welding Systems
Arc seam welders are used for this mainstream manufacturing process, which is used to produce high quality welded seams with 100 percent penetration. The seams that are welded in standard machines are usually straight and flat. Applications include flat sheets, cylinders, cones, and boxes.
Ferrous and non-ferrous alloys can be welded using a variety of arc welding processes. The design of the automatic welder machine (seam welder) allows the weld seam to be clamped firmly between copper fingers and a copper backing bar. (material’s other than copper can be used).
Bancroft Engineering offers customized seam welders equipped with a variety of automated processes such as TIG, Plasma Welding (PAW), Submerged Arc or MIG welding.
Seam Welding Systems
Standard and custom controls for seam welders are available along with accessories to accommodate individual production needs.
Standard Features & Specifications
- Ideal for a single pass, full penetration weld in cylinders, cones, boxes, and flat sheets.
- Available for both internal and external applications.
- Seam welders can be equipped with TIG, Plasma Welding (PAW), Submerged Arc, or MIG welding processes.
- Machined travel beams are standard with hardened rails.
- All clamping fingers are equipped with reversible copper tips for maximum life.
- Backing bars are available with inert gas, backup, purge and/or water cooling.
- Tig – Cold Wire feed, AVC.
- Single-point disconnect.
Own a Jetline, AMET, MITUSA, Sigmatouch, Weld Logic, or Pandjiris Seamer?
Bancroft Engineering also manufactures replacement and aftermarket parts for the above seamers.